News from Steph: NE Fell Running Update – May 2016 – Intercounties report and sponsorship news
- Well done to all of the athletes who made the long journey to Wales to represent the NE in the Inter-counties fell race on 14 May. It was a ‘proper’ fell race this time, as opposed to the glorified trail race held in Blackburn two years ago! Many thanks to Dave Moir for organising everyone on the day and for sorting out a couple of last minute replacements. Congratulations to Harry Coates on his top ten placing – an excellent result!
Dave Moir has kindly written a report on the event
- Stu Ferguson at Hangar18 has kindly offered to sponsor the NE Fell Running Champs and provide medals for the veterans categories and engraving, as well as offering support at races. This is fantastic news as NECAA are only able to provide medals for the Open categories. Please check out Stu’s website
- Stu has also asked me to include some information about his latest role as RLO. Some of you may have seen him helping out at Brough Law recently – see below.
“Stuart Ferguson is a Race Liason Office, primarily for NE. Reporting to Steve Wynn whom is on committee of FRA. See pages 10/11 of Spring Fellrunner magazine for further info on role of RLO to supporting the Race Organiser or contact Stu at firstname.lastname@example.org “
- Alan Wallace is in the process of co-ordinating results from the first 2 NE Champs races which is proving a little tricky as the Allendale Challenge results tend not to include as much detail as is needed, so he is working with the organisers to try to ensure that all of the details are correct. At future races, it may be easier if athletes who qualify for the NE Champs are asked to somehow identify this on their entry form as it saves trying to work it out afterwards. Previously, it has been assumed that unless you ‘opt out’ then you count, but this is not always the case! If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts on this, then please do get in touch.
- The final race in the series is hopefully going to be in the Cheviots later in the season – more details to follow….
Please forward this information to any of your fell running friends.
Hope to see you all out on the fells, enjoying the sunshine (!) soon,